Learning how to manage developers and development processes has always historically been a matter of trial and error or word-of-mouth advice. This track aims to investigate the role of the development manager and dev executive, how it relates to both product management as well as architecture decisions, and how the role of ‘Development Manager’ is changing.
- How to hire a dev team
- Managing developers & dev projects
- Scaling your technology
- Going from developer to CTO
- Dev Manager vs. IT Manager
Artificial Intelligence Dev Conference
The second annual Artificial Intelligence Dev Conference @ DeveloperWeek will host a full day of thought leadership talks and technical workshops on the newest innovations, technologies, and best practices in artificial intelligence development. This conference will cover all of the following topics:
- Artificial Intelligence Open Source Libraries: The avalanche in artificial intelligence and machine learning innovation has been spurred on by the growth and accessibility of open-source libraries for building AI projects. Come learn about the latest innovations from this year.
- Self-Driving Cars: In 2017-2018, one of the top stories of disruptive artificial intelligence has focused on self-driving cars. These talks will cover both the business potential and the technical requirements for a future with self-driving cars.
- AI for Advertising and Ecommerce: How can artificial intelligence technologies be applied to targeting the right product or ad to the right person? Hear the stories from the companies who are putting AI to use today.
Blockchain Dev Conference
Blockchain development enables a great deal more than just bitcoin and virtual currency. The blockchain protocol and the decentralized contracts of ethereum enable entire decentralized apps and organizations that were never before possible. While this industry is new, innovation is heating up. Come get an introduction to blockchain and ethereum development, and see the innovators who are building new types of apps on the protocol.
Microservices & Containers Conference
The Microservices & Containers conference features 2 days of talks about the changing technology architecture from monolithic design to a microservice and containers design. This architecture has the potential of revolutionizing IT and DevOps in the enterprise.
- Introduction to Microservices & Decoupling
- Technology Stack Choices for Microservices
- Who uses Microservices? User Scenarios
- Deployment, Testing, Scalability
- Designing an API: SOAP, REST, ETC
AR & VR Dev Track
Learn about developing Virtual Reality & 3D software and worlds at the 3D & VR Dev Track! What 3D engines help accelerate development? What hardware and software are the most popular for 3D dev? Where will we see the most growth in the 3D Dev sector? Learn from industry experts on everything 3D Dev.
If you are a professional developer, what are your long term career options? The DevCareer Summit explores what it takes to be a senior developer, architect, product manager, dev manager, or CTO. What skills and technologies should you learn? How do you acquire project management skills? What career paths have the best outlook for the next decades? Learn from the top startups and corporations about your dev career path.
The goal of the Containers Conference @ DeveloperWeek Austin is to connect the community and educate practitioners on scaling their applications and technology stacks using containers. “DevOps” has emerged as an intersection between developers and IT – where specialized DevOps professionals and DevOps technologies allow applications to scale and get delivered at faster speeds. Learn about the emergence of containers in the new technology stack.
Web Dev Track
Over 50% of DeveloperWeek attendees are web app developers or have a web app development background, and every year we aim to bring the newest web technologies for these developers to learn about. See the newest innovations in clouds, platform-as-service, web services, and web infrastructure.
Mobile Dev Track
After web developers, mobile developers are the second largest group of technical talent at DeveloperWeek. From iOS and Android to the mobile web and cross-platform development, we highlight the newest innovations in user interface tools, back-end frameworks, and DevOps.
How do I scale up my technology? We feature dozens of OPEN Talks in server management, IT management, continuous integration, architecture decisions, performance management, and security.