- Your Partner Event must fall between February 11-16, 2020, and must be free to attend for all DeveloperWeek 2020 attendees with a badge.
- Your Partner Event cannot compete with an official DeveloperWeek 2020 event. Evening events are recommended.
- To host a Partner Event, fill-out this DeveloperWeek 2020 Partner Event Host Inquiry form.
Guidelines & Instructions
- If your Partner Event is offsite (not at or near the Oakland Convention Center), you are responsible for all productions and logistics around your event, including procuring the venue and vendors, as well as managing registration, food & beverage, content & speakers.
- If your Partner Event is to be onsite at or near the Oakland Convention Center (Feb 11-14), please fill out the inquiry form and we’ll be in touch with partnership opportunities.
- Partner Events are responsible for creating their own online registrations to capture any registrant/attendee leads and manage capacity.
- As a rule of thumb, Partner Events should set their registration capacity at 2.5x the event venue capacity since on average free DeveloperWeek 2020 Partner Events will see 30-40% of registered attendees actually show up to the Partner Event.
- Partner Events are required to list “DeveloperWeek 2020” in the title of their event, and provide a link to https://www.developerweek.com/ prominently within the description of their Partner Event.
- Partner Events must allow DeveloperWeek 2020 badge holders to attend their event for free, since we advertise to our badge holders their badges will get them into all Partner Events.
What Types of Partner Events can be Hosted?
- Drinkups/Meetups (This is typically the most popular choice.)
- Open House at your company offices.
- Panel Talk with customers and industry leaders.
- Thought Leadership Talks from your executives.
- Technical Workshops on a hot developer technology.
- Half-Day Summits (Wed-Fri, Feb 12-14) (onsite only)
- Hack Nights
How We PromoteREQUEST TO HOST A PARTNER EVENT
- Your Partner Event will be listed on the DeveloperWeek 2020 website (Events page), and in the printed program Events Schedule.
- Your Partner Event will receive a mention in the morning email to all registered attendees on the day the event is hosted.